Monday, October 26, 2009

So Mom and Daddy are talking about Halloween and how all the kids that are going to come to our door. I wondered what Halloween is. Is it where you hollow out weenies and cook them a special way? I pulled my special eavesdropping trick again and then I heard words like costume, trick, treat, and pumpkin. I got really excited about the treat part. I love treats! The pumpkin part made me happy too because Mom says I'm her little pumpkin. The trick part...not so much. I hate doing tricks. The costume part absolutely made me shudder. The more and more I hear about this Halloween the more I hate it. I would miss out on the treat and pumpkin part to not have to dress up. I have awful memories of a santa costume that my Mom and Daddy terrorized me with last Christmas. It all started when Daddy brought me home to surprise Mom for Christmas. I also heard Daddy telling a friend once it was so that Mom would forget about babies for awhile, but I don't understand that one. Anyways, Daddy's mom, my Gigi came over to celebrate me. She brought this awful santa suit and hat for me so that Dad could officially present me to Mom as a Christmas gift. It was so stiff and hot. I couldn't walk straight in it. It weighed more than I did and I kept falling over! I have never been as happy as I was the day I outgrew that awful suit. Mom mistook my smug behavior as depression and bought me a new suit. But this time it was a Tennessee Vols jersey. I loved it!!! Now I just want a Tennessee Titans jersey. But something tells me I need a Titans sweater because Mom and Daddy said the game last Sunday was COLD!!! Until then...Fulmer

2 comments:

  1. You so cute in your Santa outfit, I have one too, you will see again this christmas I am sure my Mom will be putting me in that red polyester outfit.

    Good news is if you dress up you gets lots of sttention, pets, and belly rubs that go along with your treats!

    Petunia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fulmer, the cute little pug puppy in the Christmas suit grew into the most handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete