Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fulmer the Great Pumpkin


My mom loves to call me her pumpkin. I really never asked why. I just like it when she loves on me and coos, "My little pumpkin." So today, I got to go to the spa so they could steal my stink. While we were there Mom bought me a Halloween costume much to my dismay. I was actually delighted when I found that it was a pumpkin costume. I thought it would be fun to pretend that I am a real pumpkin. Plus Mom might love on me more if she really thinks I am a pumpkin since she has some kind of infatuation with them. So anyways, we get home and Mom puts the costume on me. Then she stands back and says, "Wow. You almost look like the real Fulmer. The Great Pumpkin." I didn't understand what she meant. So while she wasn't looking I did some research. I typed in The Great Pumpkin Fulmer to google and I found this picture of Phillip Fulmer. See, I'm named after Phillip Fulmer because Mom and Daddy are big Vols fans. They say they gave their first born to UTK to go to school so I guess it must be a great place. I never saw a picture of him though. He really does look like a pumpkin! 

I was a little broken hearted because afterwards I felt like I wasn't Mom's special pumpkin. I pouted a little bit and Mom thought it was because I didn't like my costume. So she gave me some extra special attention. I tried to tell her it was because I wasn't special. I felt like my whole existence was because of some guy that loved football. She said, "Fulmer you are my special pumpkin. I love you. I could never love Coach Fulmer like I love you. I just think he was a great coach. My life has gone on without Coach Fulmer, but my life could never go on without you." And then she cuddled with me. So now I feel proud to wear my pumpkin costume! I was actually kinda getting used to wearing my pumpkin costume until Mom said, "Just wait until Christmas when we get you a new Santa suit. It'll be so cute!" Until then....Fulmer.

1 comment:

  1. Both you Fulmers look like Pumpkins :)

    Dude - sorry to hear about the santa suit!

    ReplyDelete