Tuesday, November 10, 2009

All I wanted to see were the pigs! Daddy asked Mom what we were having for dinner and she replied, "pigs in the blanket." My ears perked up. One, who eats pigs? Two, why would you eat said pigs in a blanket, especially when it's getting so cold outside? So I listened for Mom to finish making these pigs in the blanket so I could sneak and see them. I tried to roam around the house and figure out which blanket she used. She must've used one of Uncle Kyle's blanket because none of my favorites were missing. While I looked for the missing blanket this amazing smell began to tickle my nose. It smelled like melted cheese mixed with hot dogs. But I don't know why I smelled that! It should've smelled like mud, slop, and burnt cotton. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I ran into the kitchen and jumped up to look in the oven. I wanted to see these pigs in a blanket. I didn't believe that Mom could fit a whole pig in the oven. And I also wanted to make sure she wasn't using one of my orange blankets. All I saw were these biscuits that had hot dogs and cheese in them. I looked at Mom like she was nuts (still don't know what that means, but it sounded good when she said it). She looked at me and said, "Fulmer! What's the big deal? They're just pigs in the blanket! You might actually like one. They have hot dogs in them." Oh, so that's what pigs in the blanket are. FYI, I didn't like it. Biscuits aren't my thing. Who knows what we'll have for dinner tomorrow night?!? Until then, Fulmer

1 comment:

  1. Wheew at least all your blankets were safe. We have never had pigs in a blanket befores. Maybe nest times you can get plai hotdogs...that's what we loves. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete