Sunday, November 8, 2009

MMMM Bacon!!!

My sister, Jasper, hates me. She is an 8 year old Somali cat. She has lived with Mom her whole life, so she's been around A LOT longer than me. As a matter of fact, Jasper was Mom's only animal for a long time. Until I came around. I still remember the night Daddy brought me home. I'd never seen a cat, but I remember thinking how pretty she was. I tried to walk to her to sniff her, but she hissed at me and slapped me! It didn't hurt because Jasper doesn't have claws. Mom was upset but decided that Jasper would warm up to me. Well, one year later and she still hasn't warmed up to me. She tolerates me a lot more, but she still smacks me a lot. I like to follow her around the house and sniff her tail. It's so pretty. Then she realizes I'm following her and she attacks me. She pretty much stays on the kitchen table because I can't reach her. I like it when she sleeps on the arm of the couch because I like to sit on a cushion so I can be close to her. 
Today I realized that Jasper and I have something in common so maybe she'll decide to like me after all. Mom and Daddy like to make a nice breakfast when they get up on Sundays. They usually make eggs, bacon, and biscuits. So there's Jasper and I waiting for Mom and Daddy to turn their heads so we can sneak food off of their plate when Mom calls us over to her. She holds a piece of bacon to each of us and Jasper took her piece and ate it right beside me. I ate my piece and waited for her to finish so I could try to play with her but she took a really long time. She took so long I thought she was trying to share with me so I ate the rest of hers. She got really mad and slapped me. Then Mom got mad and gave Jasper another piece but not me!!! I still tried to play with Jasper. I tried to share my green ball with her to make up for the bacon, but she didn't want it. I guess I'll have to find another green ball in the front yard so she can have her own. Until then....Fulmer

1 comment:

  1. Fulmer I have a 'older' sister that won't play either...I say find her a green ball of her own then maybe she will turn around! Good Lucks.

    Sequoia

    ReplyDelete